It may surprise you to know that most of St Michael’s Church’s income comes, not from church collections or fund-raising events, but from the private bank accounts of the many churchgoers and others who give regularly through the Parish Giving Scheme.
The Parish Giving Scheme provides a professional, secure, and highly effective way of supporting your church in Pirbright. The Scheme:
§ collects your donations by Direct Debit
§ claims any Gift Aid due
§ passes your gift to St Michael’s with Gift Aid added
§ holds your personal data centrally (i.e. your data are NOT held by the parish)
§ provides options to:
· gift-aid your donations
· give monthly, quarterly or annually
· remain anonymous if you wish
· increase your donations automatically in line with inflation
There are three ways to register with the Parish Giving Scheme to become a regular donor to St Michael’s:
- On paper: click on PGS Pirbright Gift form to download a paper 'Gift Form' and accompanying Information, or click here to request a printed Gift Form
- By telephone: via the PGS telephone service on 03330021271, Monday to Friday9am-5pm
- Online: go to the Pirbright Church page here, at the PGS website, click on <Give Now> and follow the step-by-step instructions. [Note: if you already give through the PGS, you don't need to register. Skip straight to <Login> and activate your online account.]
For further information about the Scheme please contact Andrew King, the PGS representative for Pirbright, at this email address or by telephone at 01483 474913.